3D Breast Imaging is a more comfortable, highly-advanced imaging method that allows radiologists to see through many layers of tissue – even dense tissues, to detect small breast cancers earlier – and to more confidently examine areas of concern.
- More comfortable
- Greater accuracy in pinpointing size, shape and location of abnormalities
- Fewer additional tests required
- Greater likelihood of detecting multiple breast tumors
- Superior imaging of dense breast tissue
- Earlier detection of small breast cancers
- Same radiation dose as 2D mammogram
The doctors at CIC care about the safety and comfort of every patient. Although Breast Tomosynthesis takes multiple images of the breast to create the 3D rendering, the radiation exposure is approximately the same as one traditional mammography procedure.